Wondering how to get started on a welding career? As an accredited welding school in Wichita, KS, Heartland Welding Academy is your first step toward becoming a skilled tradesperson. Our admissions process is pretty simple and we’ve outlined the steps here so you’ll know what to expect.
You can be work ready in just three to six months. You can even start the enrollment process while finishing high school and start immediately after graduation. We offer day and evening classes to help working adults make a change to a new welding career. And since we’re right here in Wichita, there’s no need to travel out of state for professional welding training. And unlike traditional colleges or technical schools, you can enroll anytime and there are no general education classes needed.
Take A Tour
The sooner you enroll in a welding certification program, the sooner you can start working toward becoming an in-demand welder. Classes start every month, so schedule a tour and get started today.
- Must be at least 17 years of age to enroll and turn 18 by program completion date (proof of identification & age required).
- Students who are 17 at enrollment are required to have a parent or legal guardian sign the enrollment agreement, as well as a liability waiver.
- Fill out & sign the Enrollment Agreement
- Pay $100 enrollment fee (fee waived for Veterans)
- Provide a valid photo ID
- Provide a copy of a High School Diploma, high school transcript, or GED completion document
- Complete the O*NET interest profiler
- Interview with the Managing Director or the Admissions Director
- If applicable, complete all requirements of financial aid or assistance (see below)
- Must have good eyesight or wear corrective lenses. If corrective lenses are needed it is recommended to have a vision test no more than six months old. Students often don’t realize they need glasses until they start welding.
- Heartland Welding Academy will offer reasonable accommodations for physical limitations if possible. (see Disabilities Policy pg. 18-19)